Donor inseminationis the injection of sperm from a man other than the patient’s partner in order to achieve pregnancy. It has been in use longer than any other artificial reproductive technique for treatment for male infertility. Donor sperm is only provided after matching background and physical characteristics.
Indications for Donor InseminationThe procedure can be considered in:
- Male factor infertility
- Couples in whom one or both partners are carriers of a heritable disease
- Couples who are serodiscordant for sexually transmitted viral infections
- Failed ART procedures
- Absence of a male partner
- Intracervical insemination (ICI): semen is placed inside the cervical opening and covers the cervix
- Intrauterine insemination (IUI): semen is inserted through the cervix and placed directly into the uterine cavity.
CK Birla Hospital
Block J, Mayfield Garden Sector 51, Gurugram