Are You Planned for IUI What all you should knowNo comments yet drpankajtalwar June 28th, 2019
Ultrasound is done in an IUI cycle on
- 2nd day of menses (D2) to look for antral follicular count, any ovarian cysts like follicular cysts, corpus luteal cysts etc
- Ovulation induction drugs (clomiphene citrate 50-100mg / letrzole 2.5 mg) are given to you starting on 2nd or 3rd day of cycle of your menses if endometrial thickness is less than 4 mm and no follicle of size more than 6 mm is seen , for a period of 5 days with or without gonadotrophins.
- Most of the dermoid cysts are silent and are incidentally detected; however some may be symptomatic due to large size resulting in compression of adjacent structures. Torsion or rupture
- Trans vaginal sonography is started from 9th day of menses every alternate day depending upon the follicular response.
- Once the dominant follicle is ready ie of 20-22 mm size ovulation trigger in the form of injectable Human chorionic gonadotrophin 5000/10000 IU is given.
- IUI is done 36 hrs after the Inj HCG Trigger with prior Ultrasonography to look for rupture of the follicle.
CK BIRLA HOSPITAL
Block J, Mayfield Garden,
Sector 51, Gurgaon, Haryana