As we all know, there is no “guarantee” in medical procedures – every doctor can authenticate this fact. Thus, the only guarantees we can discuss in IVF are monetary and financial in nature, that is, a reimbursement guarantee in the event that the IVF program doesn’t end with the desired outcome.
Money back guarantee plans are advertised since insurance covers just 15% to 25% of IVF costs. IVF is a high technology clinical help with costs going from $6,000 to $12,000 (4 to 8 Lakhs INR). In spite of the fact that the IVF live-birth rate per egg recovery for young patients has doubled in the previous decade, to roughly 40%, numerous women don’t conceive on their first attempt, and it is difficult to guarantee any clinical result with the technology.
After three IVF cycles, including utilization of frozen embryos from those cycles, the probability of having a child increases to 60% to 90% in women younger than 40. On the off chance that IVF fails, in any case, a generous reimbursement may help a couple to adopt (which can cost $20,000 to $40,000), attempt different types of assisted reproduction, (for example, a gestational carrier, which expenses up to $60,000), or recover part of their original investment.
Financial Quarantee Calculation
The financial guarantee is really not determined on the measure of total money that is paid during the beginning of the treatment cycle. Rather, the sum is a variable percentage that is really a portion of the complete treatment cost acquired.
The age of the woman act as the principle determinant. The amount of money reimbursed and the age of the woman is inversely proportional to one another. The older the woman, lesser the reimbursement is given.
Types of IVF Refund and IVF Money Back Guarantee Programmes
IVF Refund and IVF Money Back Guarantee projects can be additionally grouped into:
- Programmes which plan to accomplish a clinical pregnancy, typically characterized as arriving at the 6th, seventh or twelfth week stretch of pregnancy.
- Programmes in which the principal objective is the live birth of a baby.
- IVF refund programmes in which the patient doesn’t get a reimbursement if the treatment is successful.
- IVF refund programmes in which the patient gets a partial reimbursement if the treatment is successful.
- It is likewise significant that refund programmes for IVF are accessible both for treatment utilizing the patient’s own eggs, just as donor eggs1.
Advantages of Refund Guarantee in IVF
- A full or partial refund in case of an unsuccessful IVF treatment, which can be put towards further treatments.
- The clinic is motivated to achieve success as quickly as possible – after all, a money refund is on the line.
- If you use all of the IVF cycles within the programme, the overall cost becomes cheaper than if you were receiving the same number of cycles outside the programme, oftentimes the “IVF guarantee” option turns out to be cheaper.
- You can focus on your treatment instead of your finances because you’re covered by a programme and have more cycles available.
- Every cycle assigned to your programme will be performed at the same clinic. Often patients switch clinics after a failed attempt. That’s not always the smartest choice, as sticking with one clinic allows staff to hold more of an insight into your medical history.
- Financial planning of your treatment is easier since it’s easier to estimate the total cost of the programme.
Disadvantages of Refund Guarantee in IVF
- If you achieve your desired result during the first cycle, you’ll end up paying more than you would when paying for a single cycle outside of any programme (that’s why we’re talking here about ‘IVF shared risk’ finance programmes).
- Not every patient qualifies for an IVF Refund programme. When it comes to treatments using donor eggs, the qualifications for the patients are relatively lax. If you’re set on using your own eggs, it becomes much harder to qualify, as the financial risk for the clinic becomes higher.
- Higher entry cost for such programmes.